Friday 17 June 2011

New 400m PB!

The 400 is an off distance race for me now, only racing it maybe 2 or 3 times a year. In high school however, that was my main event. On Wednesday night at the last meet in Indianapolis I raced a 400 again. In a 400 it's a full out sprint the whole way around the track. Being an 800m runner now that's not the case... my first 200 was about the same speed that I would go out in an 800m race but my last 200 I was able to stay strong and have a good finish. My time was 56.00, bettering it from high school which was 56.3. I'm very pleased with the results from Indianapolis and am very much looking forward to getting to Nationals. We arrived home yesterday and will be flying out for Calgary, Monday afternoon.

'Til next time,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment