Wednesday 15 June 2011

Bed Bugs

A few mornings ago I awoke to some large bites on my arms and back. Didn’t think anything of it as the bugs have been bad outside and just thought a mosquito had bitten me. Throughout the next day or so the large bites kept appearing. My roommates Heather and Andrina looked online to see what bed bug bites looked like; they were similar in ways but nothing that we could tell was a sure sign of a bed bug bite. Just on a whim, Heather says let’s check the beds. Sure enough, the first corner we check we find a bed bug. After some loud screaming and shouting, we decided we should confirm that it was a bed bug. Turns out it was; we immediately went to hotel management and they switched us rooms and offered to have our clothing and bags dry-cleaned. We did NOT want to be bringing those bugs home with us. You can bet the first thing we did when we arrived in our new room was check all the beds. The bites still continue to show up- on me only, my roommates were lucky enough to not be a feast for these pests.

No comments:

Post a Comment