Saturday 25 June 2011

Calgary Weather

Well, I've qualified for the 800m finals today at 2:50pm. Thursday we had the semi-finals. 3 heats with the top 2 in each heat advancing to finals plus the next 2 fastest times. Weather was looking great for our race on Thusday, wasn't too hot and hardly any wind. But the weather here in Calgary changes on a dime; 10 minutes before everyone was to check in for the race a BIG wind storm picked up and the temperature dropped about 10 degrees.
My race went out well and I felt good; but I think everyone was having a bit of trouble with the wind on the back stretch. I couldn't tuck in behind anyone either as I was the tallest in the field so it wouldn't have been a benefit to me. I won my heat so that automatically earned me a spot in the final.
Weather is looking...just okay for today's race. I have to remember that everyone is feeling the effects of it as well; not just me.
Remember it's on CBC today!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment